Head of Site Finance (f/m/d)
Objectives of position:
The purpose of the position is to lead the local site finance team in Singen and act as the finance business partner to the local site leadership team in providing accurate, timely and insightful information whilst also actively supporting the regional and global finance teams as well as the German legal entity finance team in Berlin.
- Lead the financial performance planning and reporting process including headcount
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts closing and the coordination and submission of financial results into Takeda reporting systems including both P&L and parts of balance sheet
- Inventory valuation including obsolescence analysis and write-off reserve postings for Singen, Oranienburg and stocks physically in LOCs
- Financial reviews with local site leadership team and regional finance
- Monthly analyses of manufacturing performance: volume & production costs, core earnings, manufacturing variances, capex, inventory and head count and clear and transparent explanation of the deviations
- Perform annual standard cost calculations and monthly costing deviation analysis (SAP/F4P)
- Lead a finance team of 3 + 1 project controller responsible for all Dengue and Diluent projects on Singen site
- Support Supply Chain with CMB core manufacturing business with some direct customers
- Calculation, support negotiation and invoicing of Take or Pay according respective contracts
- Calculation, negotiation and monthly invoicing of SLA Service Level Agreements with Bipso / Bracco (external companies on our campus)
- Ensure complete, timely and accurate submission of all required data into the financial systems and ensure full compliance with corporate policies and IFRS
- Responsible for local statutory reporting obligations e.g JSox / US Sox, monthly, quarterly and yearly MRC management review controls and external/internal audits
- Contribute to the standardization of the financial practices across the network through the establishment of standard operating practices.
- Plan and moderate the annual physical inventory count and 3 year fixed asset count
- Management and development of the company compliance (corporate laws & regulations, business ethics) and represent the company in Compliance Audits (non-GMP)
Business & Financial Planning:
- Perform planning activities, in particular the annual budget, mid-year commitment, next year preview, latest best estimate, and mid-range plan at local site level. Moderate all planning tasks with local leadership team.
- Support regional GMS Head of Finance in the planning process. Reconcile vs. provided targets and ensure achievement. Comment development and deviations in detail vs. latest best estimate for running year and last preview.
- Assess local risks and opportunities, in order to anticipate performance variances versus budget and forecasts
Business Analysis & Decision Support :
- Support and lead local projects in support of sustainable improvements in productivity and improved financial processes, in particular Program AGILE
- Develop analytics that help understand the plant key performance drivers
- Perform business partnering with the management team and other parts of the business to develop and implement action plans to drive local performance and productivity
- Prepare business cases related to the manufacturing of new products or business transformation initiatives
- Conduct ad hoc in-depth financial analysis to support business requirements or decision-making.
Education and experience:
- Education: Completed business studies with focus on management accounting/controlling. CMA, CPA, Master in Finance or MBA education preferred.
- Experience: +7 years of professional experience in a finance / controlling position with exposure to manufacturing and/or supply chain, and preferably experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good US-GAAP & SOX knowledge with practical experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Power Point is expected. Solid knowledge of SAP and experience with multi-dimensional cubes would be a distinct advantage.
- Languages: Excellent English and German
- Profile: Structured & process-oriented, intellectual curiosity, technology focused, strategic and entrepreneurial mind set, proactive and driven, problem-solver, strong communication skills, team player, resilient.
Infos zur Stelle